The purpose of the NSHI
Developing and supporting healthy community development activities, inspired by the living values and norms of Hindustani culture as an integral part of Surinamese society, in close connection with other cultures.
The Foundation tries to achieve its goal by:
- To cultivate historical awareness, especially among young people, by conducting (or having carried out) responsible historical scientific research into immigration in Suriname, and by presenting as many museums as justified in a museum-justified manner as possible;
- To propagate a dynamic vision with regard to the fundamental and universalistic values and norms of Hindustani culture, as a contribution to a balanced cultural and social development in Suriname;
- To promote relevant scientific research into various aspects of the culture of the descendants of the immigrants in Suriname;
- Collaborating with governments as well as institutions established at home and abroad that pursue a similar goal;
- Using other legal and lawful means that may be beneficial to the cause.
The National Hindustani Immigration Foundation is a non-profit organization. The board and the various committees consist of volunteers. The activities of the Foundation are financed by raising funds themselves. In most cases, persons and / or companies are approached personally with the request for financial support with regard to a specific project, whereby the social support as well as the financial feasebility is demonstrated by means of a good project file.
As part of the further rehabilitation of the Lalla Rookh Complex, the renovation of the auditorium (3rd phase), the NSHI is working with a local architectural firm on new drawings and a budget for the renovation. As soon as the project file is complete (drawings, budgets and exploitation forecasts), fund-forming activities will be developed.
If you are inspired by this website to also contribute for one of the projects, you can deposit or transfer them to the following accounts in the name of NSHI, mentioning your name and contact details:
Republic Bank (SURINAME) NV: